Monday, October 14, 2013

HUMAN RIGHTS


The Charter of the United Nations was established in 1945 after the end of WWII  acknowledging the devastation of humanity during that time. The Charter states, under CHAPTER I: PURPOSES AND PRINCIPLES, number 3; To achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion.

My definition of human rights is that everyone (race, sex, religion) should have equal opportunity. Though, sometimes your family can effect your rights too. 

Let's say you are 16 years old and live in a mobile home in a small town in Louisiana. Your mom is a single parent to five kids and you are the oldest of all your siblings. She works two jobs to try and make ends meet so she is hardly ever home. You have to help take care of your brothers and sisters. In order to help your mom, you have dropped out of school and have the equivalent of a 9th grade education. You have a criminal record for stealing food for your family.

Your mom in that situation just screwed your life up because she was gone all day and left you to look after the other kids. All because she screwed up sometime in her life, some of her problems got dumped on you and screwed your life up too. I'm going to be honest and say that I'm very fortunate to be born into the family I'm in. The support me and my dreams. They feed me, give me advice, teach me, and all of the above! But what I fear is being segregated and lose all me rights. Though, if I do what I'm supposed to, not break "DA RULES," everything should be all right! Currently, everyone in the United Nations has equal rights by law. So as long as you stay on the right path, you should be alright too. Comment what you think.

-Scotty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment